These sliders are the perfect veggie burger for those with gluten allergies as they use millet instead of flour and bread crumbs. I really like millet as it’s an ancient grain and most people find it very easily digestible. These sliders can be served on buns, overs salads, in lettuce wraps or my favorite just as they are. Topped with some sprouts and avocado!
▪ 1 Tbsp. flax meal
▪ 1 1/4 + 3 Tbsp. water
▪ 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
▪ 1 1/2 cup millet
▪ 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
▪ 1/2 a onion
▪ 1 carrot
▪ 2 cloves of garlic
▪ 1/4 cup cilantro
▪ 1 tsp. cinnamon
▪ 1 tsp. paprika
▪ 1 tsp. chili powder
▪ 2 tsp. cumin
▪ 1 Tbsp. tamari (reduced sodium)
▪ 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Make a flax egg by combining 3 Tbsp. Water with 1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Place 1 cup of millet into a high speed blender and blend until “millet flour” is made.
- On stove top boil 1 & 1/4 cup of water in a medium sauce pan. Add remaining 1/2 cup of millet and cook covered for 15- 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook on medium heat carrots, onion and garlic.
- Cook until carrots are soft. Stir frequently.
- Add this mixture along with rinsed chickpeas to the food processor and pulse 3-4 times; lightly mixed but still chunky.
- Next combine flaxmeal mixture, carrot mixture, cooked millet, millet flour, quinoa flakes, spices, tamari, olive oil and chopped cilantro. Mix well.
- Form into patties. Should make 10-12 sliders.
- Place on lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes on one side flip and bake for 15 minutes on the other side.